Tuesday, February 10, 2009

meeting follow-up

Hi Everyone!

Man this blog is going to be just great! :) 

Just wanted to remind you all that elections for next year will be in about a month or so! The reason why we are doing this so early compared to previous semesters is because we realized the need for "training," and by electing the new exec board early on, they will be able to become more acclimated to the role. We decided this would be more efficient rather than just "throwing you to the dogs" and leaving you all on your own next year. :)  

Here are the positions that will be available:

PRESIDENT: 
  • represents MDC at all times in a positive manner
  • acts as liaison between MDC and UREC
  • goes to President's meetings at UREC once a month, work with Chris Jones (urec) 
  • schedules/holds (monthly) meetings for exec and whole team when needed
  • works with exec to sustain MDC's success and make improvements when necessary
  • is a resource to team members who need guidance/advice/someone to talk to
  • is open to the team's suggestions/concerns
  • is the contact person for outside/non-MDC people who have questions about membership or want to schedule us for performances
  • makes sure head choreographers are on schedule and practices are running smoothly
  • truly loves MDC and values the team's success and reputation
***sidenote: I will be here next year as a Grad student.  Although I will not be on exec, as my educational commitments will outweigh presidential duties, I will still be around/a member of MDC as a resource to the new President/Exec board.  I plan on being here to help you all make the transition!  

****also, for the record, I honestly wasn't entirely sure I would be suitable for this job. It is definitely a significant time commitment, but with a supportive exec board (like I am lucky to have this year) my job is INFINITELY easier than you would think.  I rarely see myself as the "head honcho" or think of myself as being any higher than my peers. Exec and I work together and make most decisions collectively.  I constantly call Claire, Renee or Court with questions or advice they might have, so it's definitely not a one-woman show!! 

Back to the point of this post, the other positions available are:

VICE PRESIDENT
SECRETARY
TREASURER
MARKETING CHAIR(S) -- we had 2 this year, and will probably keep the same amount
WEBMASTER- we do not have one of these currently, but are desperately seeking someone!!
SOCIAL CHAIR
HISTORIAN

*the current exec board will post separately to give you a run-down of their duties/opinions themselves. :) 

If you have ANY questions about any of the positions, or if you are interested in running for anything, please let me know!  

ALSO- If you are interested in participating in the potential additional dances for the show, please let me know: 
  1. who you plan on working with/who is choreographing
  2. what type of dance
  3. song choice
Again, adding dances to the show is not set in stone, but depending on how interested you all are, exec will decide how to go about selecting, etc. 

Thanks for reading my novel!! Aren't you glad it wasn't in an email? ;)

You know you love me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment